In amongst all that Edge had a very successful and well attended conference in Queenstown and we are already looking ahead for a 2020 North Island venue .. details will be out shortly.
Edge SM also continues to have incremental updates with the July 9 release squashing a good number of bugs as well as adding features including:
- allowing Vistab to post back lateness and attendance info to Edge when students sign-in and sign-out using the Vistab tablet at schools .. if you are using VizTab this feature can be turned on via Admin>School Settings.
- Implemented an NZQA Change where all papers in a standard had to be submitted digitally if one was to be submitted digitally. No more mix and match between digital submission and non-digital.
- Dashboard Notifications are now grouped by date.
- Users can now filter Dashboard Notifications by type, and choose to show only unread or all Notifications.
- A "Mark all as read" link has been added to the Dashboard Notifications UI to allow Users to clear their unread notifications.
- Clickable links have been added to Pastoral Dashboard Notifications to navigate directly to a student's pastoral records (in Teacher Only mode) or to edit the pastoral record (in Admin Mode if the User has the Pastoral Officer role).
These are tiles displaying live information that you can add to your Dashboard page.
- End of term countdown (ie. days to go).
- Student birthdays
- My Class
To add .. on the Dashboard page click Add Widget then click Add after the description. NB. the available widget list will vary depending on the roles you have in Edge.
- Widgets can be dragged to different positions if required.
- Click Save when done.
MyClass page button (Teacher mode) .. View Classes and Groups (Admin mode .. People menu)
- A sortable grid display of Classes, Groups and Year Levels that includes student's core details, contact information and notes .. that be clicked to view
- Buttons to access Print Lists and view Billable Items .. teacher mode
- Email and Push Notification functionality .. if enabled by your school.